
Lionel Messi has sensationally returned to
Argentine National team after holding talks with
new coach Edgardo Bauza. Messi, 29, who is
Argentina's all-time leading scorer with 55 goals
in 113 appearances, quit after Argentina's Copa
America final defeat by Chile in June in which he
cried and told media reporters after the match
that he had decided to retire. But in a statement
reported by media in Argentina, the Barcelona
striker said he made the U-turn for the "love of
the country" and "to help from within".
"A lot of things went through my mind on
the night of the final and I gave serious
thought to quitting, but my love for my
country and this shirt is too great. We
need to fix many things in Argentinian
football, but I prefer to do this from inside
and not criticise from outside."
"A lot of things went through my head the
day of the last final and I seriously thought
about quitting, but I love this country and
this shirt too much. I thank all the people
who want me to keep playing with
Argentina, I hope we can soon deliver
them some joy."
Messi on Friday was named in Argentina's squad
for the next set of International friendlies
alongside Manchester City trio Sergio Aguero,
Pablo Zabaleta and Nicolas Otamendi and
Manchester United pair Sergio Romero and
Marcos Rojo.
posted from Bloggeroid
Social Plugin